FCOG STatement of Faith
We believe in…
- The BIBLE as the inspired Word of God; the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- One GOD, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- JESUS CHRIST, as God’s own Son, virgin birth, sinless life, death on the cross, burial and resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and personal future return in power and glory.
- The sinfulness of man and salvation only by grace, through faith in the shed blood of Christ.
- The HOLY SPIRIT who lives in the Christian and enables him to live a Godly life.
- Eternal life for the believer, and judgment to the unbeliever.
- The church as the body of Christ, for which Jesus will return.
- Baptism as a testimony of faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.
- The dedication of babies. We do not baptize babies, but dedicate newborn children to the Lord. This dedication is for Christian parents who promise before God to train the baby according to God’s Word.
- The Lord’s Supper. Our communion time is open to all who profess Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, regardless of their church affiliation. The taking of the elements by children is left to the discretion of the parents who are responsible for instructing their children on this occasion.
- Prayer for healing of physical, emotional and spiritual problems as seen in James 5:14-15. We use oil to anoint individuals who come requesting prayer. The oil symbolizes our faith in the healing power of God.
- Unity of the believers, through the power of the Holy Spirit.